Friday, February 6, 2009

Here It Is ...

... the bag that took forever.
Seems to be my m.o. these days.

It's huge.

I love it.

It turned out to be different that what I had originally planned to make. I lost the picture of what I had doodled midstream (like back in November!) and for the life of me could not remember where and how I was going to pleat it. Since everything was cut I decided to fall back on the Bend the Rules Beauty Bag.


I also adapted the Artsy clutch from the book as well. I made it a wee bit bigger, made one side have a flap to overlap, and


I'm diggin' this too.

It holds 2 or 3 diapers, cream for their bum, and a thin container of wipes.

Since my bag seems to be a black hole I made a zippered pouch using this tutorial to keep the little stuff (lip stuff, lotion) tidy.

I added a little pocket on the inside. Not because I'm clever but because I completely misjudged the size of my cell phone with it's sleeve on. I had to make another pocket for my purse about double the size of the original one. I hated to waste it so I added it to my pouch. Perfect size for my ID and a credit card to fit into.

Here are the stats for the purse:

Lining 23" x 15 1/2" ~ Contrasting exterior band 23" x 4 1/2"

Main exterior 23" x 11" ~ Handles 2 1/2" x 26"

Pocket 9" x 4" (original pocket size was 4" x 4")


Here are the stats for the diaper clutch:

Front side 8" x 12 1/2" ~ Back side 8" x 16 1/2"


Hope you all have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I want to be your neighbor. I want to come over and watch you sew and I want you to teach me!!!

I love it all! But I am totally lusting after the first bag.

Joy said...

The purse and all of its accessories are wonderful! My purse could use a little organizing these days! ;)

Anonymous said...

lady, you rock! not only is the construction great, but your fabric choices are right on!!

Anonymous said...

i've been planning to make a diaper thingy for ummm... two years now. i'm going to get right on that. i've made the artsy clutch so sure i can adapt it. :) great idea.

angela said...

Wow, you have been busy! All of those matchy matchy accessories are just fabulous. Great work A. I think I need to get my sewing machine going!

periwinkle said...

lovely bags and lovely fabric -- diapers ?? Are you trying to tell us something?
lisa x

Paige said...

I'm loving the fabric you used - nice job, lady! Looks like you're all set, and fashionably so at that!

Paula said...

Great bag! I really like the fabric's you used. The diaper bag is fantastic~ perfect for those small trips around town where you don't want to lug the big one.