Thursday, October 9, 2008

Red, White, And Pink

I usually avoid controversial topics on my blog which is kind of silly I suppose. I guess I try to keep this place in my life a 'happy' place ~ subconsciously trying to avoid not so nice comments. Well, I'm throwing caution to the wind. I have a few extras of these that I'd love to share. Leave me a comment if you would like one. First come first serve.
I am so thankful to live in a country that I can express my opinion without fear of persecution. I am also thankful for my very dear friends who disagree with me on the election (and probably a few other things) but they are still good people that I want in my little world ... and we are still friends despite our differences. In the end, all of this mess that our country / economy is in won't matter a hill of beans. It's still scary though, I just try to keep my mind and heart on the one and only true outcome of our universe and who created it. Here's to making the best of it while we are on this planet!

7 comments:

angie.a said...

I think this might be the most interesting election, with the most interesting group of candidates in a LONG time! And I'm very proud to be American, where we CAN express ourselves without fear of retribution too. :D

Karen said...

I'd LOVE to have one! This is history, y'know!

angela said...

Very cute with the pink! I'd like that in my sidebar is you're sharing!

Paige said...

Kudos to you for putting your neck out there and saying what's on your mind...would you believe my hubby and I tend to vote opposite of each other in the elections? We have fun with it, though. "Oh, going to the polls, are we? Maybe you outta' check the air pressure in your tires, first..." heehee.

The Stitching Surgeon said...

oooo...i love it! gotta have one. :)

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

i like it too! pink is after all the new power color right?

Rachel said...

I understand--the more passionate I am about something, the more difficult it is more me to talk about it, it seems. I basically only discuss this election with my husband.
(I have the biggest girl crush on Palin!)