Friday, September 5, 2008

Apples, Pears, Paint (& A Swap! but that doesn't really rhyme)

Well, it finally happened late Thursday night. I was able to finish an apron. I just love this fabric by Alexander Henry.







I decided to make this apron a little girly by adding some ribbon to the pockets. The ribbon is from a baby blanket that a friend had knitted for Henry. Once he was able to undo the ribbon from the blanket I stashed it away for a rainy day ... or apron - ha!


I don't think I had mentioned that we finally got our foyer painted ... I love the color - Benjamin Moore - Crimson. It's such a warm and feel good color. We had pained our dinning room Crimson first and liked it so much we decided to paint our foyer the same. So glad we did. It definitely makes us happy. If you care to take a peek at what it looked like before look here. Typical to this house we had two layers of wall paper; one of which had been painted over. Have I ever mentioned that the ceilings are wall paper painted over? That will not a project we will tackle for a really, really, really long time. As Henry would say 'I think we will have to save a gazillion of dollars' for that one. Of coarse he is usually referring to something Spiderman or Backyardigans ... it's all relative, right?


I forgot to mention a little magazine swap that I signed up for that you might be interested in. Lisa from Periwinkle is hosting it and the details are here. And those who have signed up so far are here. It seems like such a neat idea - the deadline to sign up is midnight Sept. 7th. (she's on the other side of the Atlantic so be aware of the time difference). Hope you have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I LOVE the apron! So sweet! That is such cool fabric! And I love the fact that you recycled something into it.

periwinkle said...

your apron looks great - i love red walls, one of our sitting room walls is african red!!! Thanks for mentioning the swap , I've had a few new people pop across so that was nice.
lisa x

angela said...

First of all, that apron is fabulous. I love, love, love the pears & apples. The ribbon detail is sweet. Second...I love that wall color! Oh, if I could only get my husband to be so bold. I think there's a color phobia...must run in the family.

Benjamin Moore lover said...

I wanted to make you aware of myperfectcolor.com untill now if someone wanted to sample a color they would have to either buy a quart or choose from limited color choices available in jars or pouches. MyPerfectColor invented a pint size can for any color and you can browse all the colors on the web. They also can make any color from any brand using Benjamin Moore paints. They ship all samples to your door fast. when you get a chance please check them out. https://www.myperfectcolor.com/ all this for about half the price of any store.

My favorite is the color combination page
http://www.myperfectcolor.com/Color-Combinations-Myperfectcolor-com-s/3254.htm

check out the brands

Benjamin Moore
Ralph Lauren
C2
Sherwin Williams
Martha Stewart
Donald kaufman
Valspar
Pottery barn
Restoration Hardware

Tracey said...

Oh, my. Bea-you-ti-ful.

Your blog has me totally inspired to *really* get into sewing . . .
thank you . . .