Monday, August 18, 2008

Day One : : Not Betty Or Martha

The week of the kitchen and crafting (sewing for me) has begun! I have wanted (and needed) to do some baking in large quantities so I could eat and freeze the goodness but just haven't found the time. I also have a few aprons I want to make - one of which is for my Sassy Apron Swap partner.

So what is a gal like me to do ... I'm not Betty Crocker or Martha Stewart ... well, I just declair it Not Betty or Martha Week and get to baking and sewing the Some of a Kind way. In other words, lots of flour spilled on the floor and seam ripper in hand. You my dear readers are my motivation to bake some scones, muffins, and maybe even an apple pie ... then comes the aprons. You know it would be very diffcult for me to go a whole week without sewing!

I did manage to bake some apple bread last week ... to practice for this week. ;-) I used the recipe from my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook for zuchinni bread (and used apple instead).

It was gone with in two days. I might have to add that to the list for this week too ... what's a little more flour on the floor and apples peels on the ceiling?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you! I can't wait to see what this week brings. :)

Rachel said...

Mmmm, yummy.
I love how you are naming your week. I think there is such freedom when you embrace doing things because you want to, not because you are trying to be like someone else. Have a good Adrienne week!

Paige said...

Your bread looks delicious! I swear I've gotta get myself back to the sewing machine this week...I'll be looking your way for some motivation, because I need it!

Joy said...

I make that zucchini bread all the time! What a great idea to make it with apples! Have a happy week in the kitchen!

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! I'll be there in 15 minutes. :)
Here's to a productive week!