Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It's Bloody Hot

It is hotter than blazes out there but I'm actually talking about our Bloody Mary Mix ...



Yup you've seen this picture before (another one of those posts that never made it to the other side). Thought you all might like to have our {not so secret} recipe to help cool you off a bit.

Clamato (could use spicy V8)
Pepper
Nutmeg (just a dash)
Worcestershire (a splash or two)
Prepared horseradish (tablespoon or more)
Lemon
Lime
Vodka

Everything is to taste ... we make the batch without the vodka so we can drink it in the mornings with out well, you know, getting tipsy.For the 'it's 5 o'clock somewhere' bunch (or if you aren't sharing with the under 21 crowd as we often are) - add vodka to taste.

Serve with celery, lemon, and lime. Henry likes his with a toothpick full of olives. I have no idea where he got that idea from (Rocky).  We also have been known to dip the class rim in the Old Bay like you would salt on a margarita.

Gotta run go wet my whistle ... it's bloody hot!

8 comments:

periwinkle said...

Sounds a bit too hot for me lol , the only thing I like which is even a little bit spicy is Indian food.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I have never had a bloody mary. Now I want to try one.

So, if I totally get snockered, will you visit me in rehab?

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Bloody Marys are my favorite summer drink. I am seriously drooling here. Man -- I need to see what's in my cupboard.

queen of everything said...

yummy love a good bloody mary, and i understand the sharing with the under 21 crowd

Anonymous said...

That sounds really yummy! I've never made a bloody mary before, but I really like them, so I'll have to try this. I guess you guys have all the heat because it's flipping COLD over here. CrAZy!

Sara said...

I have never tried a bloody mary--but you make it sound so delish!

BTW you are on my blog today!wh

luci said...

Sadly, I really don't like these. However, John Grissham looks handsome even when he is pulling a face. I think those pukkers on your pot cloths add character and the personal touch! thanks for admiring the wedding cake, I was really pleased with the result.

Paige said...

Bloody Marys are my absolute favorite drink - if I'm ever out socializing (hahaha) that's what I always order to drink. YUM! I should totally make up some mix to have around the house this summer. Thanks for sharing your recipe!