Friday, January 29, 2010

They're Multiplying

My friends. I mean ... my friends are multiplying ... I mean my friends are having babies like crazy ... they are like rabbits!





Yup - 5 bunnies. I told you they were multiplying. I've spent some quality time in front of the fireplace crocheting up a storm ... or a herd. Did you know a group of rabbits was called a herd?



I've made these many times before from this free pattern from Lion Brand but this time I made a few changes. I used the same yarn (TLC cotton plus) but instead of two stands of yarn I used only one. It made a smaller bunny and I think I like that better (see the blue one up top - he was made with two strands - the others with just one). I also made the ears using this free pattern. These ears make me happy ;-) It's the little things in life ... like the face on this little bunny



Oh to think of the wee one who will cuddle, and drool, and chew on him ... now that really makes me happy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd be lying if I said I didn't want you to leave me a comment ... I do want my friends to multiply ;-)

8 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I did not know they were called a herd!

I love the sweet happy faces that they have! Like they are dreaming of the baby that will love them.

angela said...

Your sewing/crochet mojo is in hyper mode it seems. How do you find the time! I am so impressed! And those bunnies...so cute. Those ears look so much easier to make than the ones from the original pattern and i love how they curl up a little :o)

Debi said...

First, the Master of Mittens and and now, the Bunny Babe! They are so sweet and I did not know that bunnies were herds... you learn something new every day!

Joy said...

Those are such cute little fellows!!! Oh, if only I could crochet! Happy multiplying!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I learn something new everyday....Who knew bunnies traveled in herds? They're adorable. Nice work. It keeps you busy on these freezing cold evenings.

Ruth said...

They are so cute!! I love them. What a special little treat for some sweet babies and kiddos.

Ruth

heather jane said...

Same here on the herd front. I had no idea. What a sweet baby gift this would be. Nice work.

Paula said...

Oh My Gosh! Your bunny friends are super cute, Adrienne! They are going to make some wee one's very happy. I think I agree with you and like the smaller one's better, and those ears...oh my!
We had real life rabbits when I was a kid, but I never knew they were a herd. How funny.
Hoppy Hoppy Weekend, my friend!