Friday, May 29, 2009

Land Of The Living

Oh boy. Where has the time gone. May has seemed a blur. I was ill prepared for all the commitments I had; both to myself and to others. I don't like that feeling. Not one bit. I am really disappointed that I didn't sew anything for myself. So much for May(d) for Me she grumbles and mumbles.

Rereading that first paragraph sounds really negative and whinny. Sorry about that. It has been a bit overwhelming of a month. Such is life. The sun still rises and sets whether you are ready for it or not ... and that's OK. Your laundry will still be waiting for you tomorrow (or the day after that ... or after that!). Dinner does need to be made even if it's mustgo (everything must go from the the fridge/freezer). The last day of preschool school comes before you (and your boys) are ready for it to.



The terrapin in your front yard doesn't care if your furniture is dusty. He is just plodding along ... any bunnies he runs into won't be the ones on the floor in your house!



The snapdragons you planted that hadn't bloomed don't care if they aren't the same color. Their mixed blooms are beautiful together.



The lizards (there were two) don't care if there are plastic toys covering your back porch and more sand out of the box than in. They are small and quick ... and as we discovered, can scale walls like Spider Man.



And the teachers gifts you cranked out at the last minute are only a mere token of the love and affection you feel towards those who helped you be a better mommy by giving you a safe and happy place to leave your children while you did laundry, dusted, and prepared mustgo.







I just thought I would pop in and let you know that I am indeed among the land of the living. More about the totes, some swap goodies, and my defunct skirt later. Off to write my post for Turn the page ... Tuesday for June 2nd - hope you join me!

8 comments:

angela said...

Nice to hear that you are indeed alive and well...just busy. May has been a blur. I can't believe June is right around the corner!

Anonymous said...

I am soooo with you. I didn't make one thing for myself either. Oh well. Maybe June. Wait. June is nuts too. We'll see.

What lovely creatures great and small in your yard.

Joy said...

Thankful that you are in the land of the living! May is a wild and crazy month!!! There are just a few days left so keep hanging on! Hoping you can sit and be still soon! Don't worry about the laundry...it is overrated... especially the ironing pile! ;)

Michelle said...

Ooohhhh....I love those totes! What lucky teachers!

periwinkle said...

Yep I agree , just where did May go. That terrapin is so cute and I just love snapdragons - I was just moaning to hub that all ours have disappeared, last year we had loads and they normally self seed - maybe next year. Have the boys broken up for the summer ?

Anonymous said...

Awww, I hope you are able to make June more for you and hopefully the swap I've sent over to you will brighten your day and give you some cheer! :-)

Paige said...

Oh, I know how you feel 100%. All's I made for myself is a bag and some zippered pouches. I have dreams of refashioning a new wardrobe (of sorts) for myself...perhaps it'll happen, but I just need about 12 (or 24) months to make it sew/so. haha! Count me in for TTPT tomorrow...

Angela said...

Loved the terrapin. And those "lizards" you found are skinks. What kid doesn't love saying skink. lol