Thursday, April 23, 2009

Once Upon A Time (For Real)

There was a lady name Lola T.



She lived until the "ripe old age of 95. She lived in a home that her husband had built for them when newlyweds in a town called Cooperton, Utah. The town was built by the owners of the Bingham Cooper Mine for their employees in 1926. They never had children but their lives were very full and even in her 90's Lola was a bright, sunny, cheerful woman."



"I would like to think that Lola would love that her old tablecloth would be re-purposed into an apron ..."



Well, I certainly am glad Mandi married Lola's great, great, (great?) nephew and inherited these beautiful linens! My Flirty Apron Swap apron is just perfect ~ I'm sorry they are such poor pictures. I wanted to get this posted to share and couldn't' seem to get a decent shot. I couldn't head outside because the weather has been rainy ... but I digress. Isn't this apron awesome!? It's hard to tell but there are large pockets on the front ~ just what I need to pick up plastic and stuff snotty tissues.


I just love the story behind my apron. I can just picture Ms. Lola servin' up some fried chicken and potato salad to the neighborhood at their summer picnic. Or maybe they had an eat-in kitchen that was painted blue and this tablecloth was the 'accent' piece ... I feel wrapped in love every time I wear it (which has been every day since I received it. um. yes, I know. it needs to go the wash.)


Thank you Mandi! You did an outstanding job - thank you for sharing a little bit of your family with mine. Please know that I wear this apron and think of you ... and Lola!

3 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Oh I love that and the story that goes along with it!

Paula said...

Sweet apron. Thanks for sharing the piece of Lola that goes along with it. Hope you're making some delicious goodies while you're wearing it~

mandi said...

Thank you so much. I'm all weepy now! I can't begin to tell you how much that means to me. You are a wonderful, dear person.