Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Street

Henry certainly is on 'happy street' when he gets to have a little computer or Leapster game time. Mama however got tired of trying to find his cartridges for his game (he only has two but dag on it - he seems to always misplace one of them!).

I've had this CURU CURU by Lecien fat quarter in my stash for a little bit ... waiting for the perfect little something. When I told Henry that I wanted to make a bag for his Leapster and cartridges he picked this out. I happily obliged.


I used an iron on interfacing (because I had it - but I don't really like it - makes the fabric wrinkly) to thicken it up and help add some padding to protect the game. I lined the bag with the green linen I used for Henry's hat.


The fabric has the cutest sayings on it


and


... a 2 year old must have been on the design team.


Now that it's all nice and tidy ... lets just hope we don't loose the whole shebang on Happy Street ...


3 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my! That fabric is fantastic! What a cute idea.

heather jane said...

Bags for everything are a great idea if you ask me. I've been thinking about some drawstring bags for the way too many knitting projects I have going. I love the handle loop on this bag, too.

(I'm going to tag you on my blog later today...you don't have to do it unless you want to.)

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

That is just so sweet! I love it!