Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Better Late ...

I am way behind ... sorta. I guess I will always be behind but somehow making progress one way or another ... glass half full right? Well, on that optimistic note, I have a few things to share today. First up, my awesome Bend the Rules swap bag.

I borrowed Pam's picture since my purse is full ;-)

I received it about 2 weeks ago (shameful I know that I am just getting around to posting about it). I LOVE it!!!! The day I got it I loaded her up and began using it ... thus the delay in posting. Pam did such a beautiful job. She also made me this awesome wonder wallet and a sweet yo yo flower.

Did I say I loved everything?


I also finally got around to making the boys lunch boxes. Goodness. I'm ashamed to say that they picked this fabric out over 6? months ago (but who's keeping track).



When I discovered this great product called ProCare from Kris - she uses them in her wet bags (which are awesome by the way) - I knew I wanted to make lunch totes for the boys. Something that could clean up easily but functional. The lining pulls out for easy access to all those crumbs and spilled applesauce.




I made the tote specifically to fit the Laptop Lunch Bento box. We only have one right now but I see a second one in our future for John. I also added a pocket which Velcro's shut to hold an ice pack or any other goodies. I used a pretty heavy iron on interfacing (I can't remember which one because it came from my stash) so the tote actually can 'stand' on its own. In keeping with the reusable-green theme - I made napkins to match.



I definitely see more of these little lunch bags in my sewing future. I am working on my little Some of a Kind shop for Etsy ... maybe by this summer I'll have some inventory ... once I catch up with my to do list ;-) Now were did I put that to do list ...

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the fabric for the lunchboxes! Nice work.

heather jane said...

Love the lunch bags. I told Hadley I's make her one for the beginning of the school year. Big fat liar, I am. Now that school's almost over I'll try for the summer instead. We'll see.

Love the banner!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I love all of them! I wish I was as talented as you are!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

And I think your banner rocks.

Paige said...

Love your new banner, and those little lunchboxes are great! So's the purse - I can see why you were anxious to fill 'er up and get a move on...