Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Anything Wrap


I am not the biggest fan of bias tape ... I try to avoid it if I can. So if you are like me and want to make the Gratitude Wrap but don't want to mess with tape (or have it mess with you!) ... here are the very loose and modified instructions that I made to Soule Mamma's original instructions (which I will refer to) ...

For starters, I used the same dimensions for the outer fabric, lining fabric, and fleece (not quilting batting). The pocket sizes are up to you depending on what you plan to put in your 'anything wrap'. I modified (so I will not give dimensions for pockets) to fit what you will see below in the pictures.

1 - baste stitch the fleece (1/4 inch or less) to the wrong side of either the outer or lining fabric to create one piece of fabric

2 - follow instructions to make and place pockets to the lining based on your own use of wrap

3 - place right sides of outer and lining fabric together - pin - remember to mark a few inches (3 or 4) to leave open for turning right side out

4 - stitch with 1/2 seam then trim corners
5 - turn right side out - press flat - pin (if needed opening close) and edge stitch around wrap

6 - cut 2 strips for ties - good grief - I can't remember the measurements ... try these out and if they don't work don't send me nasty emails ;-) 12" x 1 1/2" - press like so:

ends down first


then press in half, open, then fold and press each side to the crease you just made

7 - fold in half (so the cut edges are now hidden) and edge stitch each tie

8 - attach ties as Soule Mamma directs


There ya go! The Gratitude Wrap turned Anything Wrap made the Some of a Kind Way!

Happy sewing ... anything!

4 comments:

angela said...

Like minds! I was just in the process of creating a non-bias-tape wrap because of my own bias tape issues. I never thought of lining it with fleece though, great idea!

Jana Nielson said...

If there was just a way to do away with Bias Tape all together, I'd be a happy-pappy!
Thanks for one good way to do it!

trisha too said...

NICE tutorial; even I can follow your directions!

:)thank you!

Anonymous said...

I don't think i'll ever tire of that fabric! Great tutorial. Is that from her book?