Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Soap Saga

Some of you may remember this post about my first batch of homemade laundry detergent. Well, I'm on my third batch now and I'm not feeling so green ... more like seeing red. After having done too many loads to count, I am finding stains that didn't come out in the wash that would have normally come out had I used a store bought detergent. I am using more Shout than I care to and spend more time than before inspecting every piece of clothing. For those of you who are new to this blog, I have two very messy little boys. Somethings gotta give - and it's not going to be the hugs and kisses! How could you turn these two munchkins away?





Does anyone have any suggestions or had the similar problem? I've hated to go commercial again but my time vs saving the planet had to call a truce (and a run to the store for some Gain!)


When you have monkey's that like to do this:


You're bound to have lots of ground in dirt!

I'd love to hear your thoughts ~

2 comments:

Paige said...

Ahh, here's a subject I'm familiar with!! heehee. I've been using homemade laundry detergent for about six months now and have found some great success. Here's the link for their recipe: http://modcottage.com/?p=117.
Also, check out Soaps Gone Buy for any products you might need. (They sell pre-grated and packaged Fels Naptha. Very convenient!) For getting rid of stains I've had great luck with soaking clothes in OxiClean - 2 big scoops in the washer and let those babies soak for a good 6 hours or more. Good luck!!

Louise said...

I am sure you could be green in many other ways if you cannot find a solution for your green detergent. I use a lot of Shout too, it does get the stains out. x