Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hip To Be Square

Or is it? Take this lovely dish cloth that took me a mere two months and two weeks to make ... far from square but really hip. ;-)



And the soap. Rectangular. But all natural. What's not hip about that?

I have been searching high and low in my town (burning waaayy too much gas) trying to find the soap Fels Naptha. No where. I even did the zip code search. Nada. I wanted to make my own laundry detergent but was delayed due to my quest for Fels ... until I found this web site. I was able to buy Fels Naptha already graded! I hated to pay shipping but I figured I was already in the hole if you factor in all the gas I burned. sigh. It smells soooo good. I couldn't wait to do some laundry ... never thought I'd ever say that ;-)

And thanks to Green Mom Finds, I will be receiving the book Seven Wonders for a Cool Planet(that I won!) and will "find out how you can do your part to help save the planet one tomato, one bike ride, and yes, one condom at a time!" Sounds like another 24 hour read ...

2 comments:

35 and holding said...

i bought fels naptha at kroger, not grated of course, but in block form for treating stains.

Jana Nielson said...

My dish cloths never turn out square....I think it is because I don't count stitches...or rows.
I'm interested in knowing how the laundry soap works. I've been tempted to try it!