Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm Smiling Alright

A big, fat, cheesy, what-a-nice-gesture-I-was-just-on-the-receiving-end-of kinda smile.


Wow. I have been passed on a lovely award from Joy of the fun Oy With The Poodles Already! I just love reading her blog and hearing about their many adventures - if you haven't been Oyed - do so!

Characteristics for the Smile Award:

1. Must display a cheerful attitude. (not necessarily at all times–we are all human)
2. Must love one another
3. Must make mistakes
4. Must learn from others
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world
6. Must love life
7. Must love kids

These are the rules:

1. The recipient must link back to the award’s creator.
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must chose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.

This is tough ... there are so many who I would like to make smile and pass this along to. I decided to try to tag those who I haven't tagged before ... here goes:

Mindy of Bits and Pieces of Mindy's Mind - Mindy always has something funny to say and has shared her adventure (and dream) of purchasing and fixing up a house. I feel like I'm her neighbor ... Mindy, I can't bring you dinner or help you paint ... but I hope this will make you smile!

Ang of Clothesline Chronicles ... my life by the load loves her girls and is so creative! I usually find a bit of inspiration (literally) and a good laugh ... oh ... and lots of laundry (he he).

Jodi of Jelly Wares was my last swap partner for the Sassy Apron Swap. She and her husband amazing how they are renovating a house, run a farm, raising a beautiful little and girl and have another bambino on the way! Now that's a woman!

Kris of Monkey Foot Designs - I wouldn't be blogging and have picked up sewing again if it wasn't for Kris. She has answered more sewing questions for me while caring for two sweet little ones, her hubbie, and her animals - all while running a business from her home! I found her via Ebay, bought some adorable belts, and well ... the rest is blogging history!

Paige of Funny Magic is very creative has funny stories - you should read about her knitting goggles. Her thoughtful Fridays always make me stop and think. She's a great blogger and a wonderful mom!

Of course, Joy had now way of knowing (unless I've blogged about it before, but I don't think so) that the Book of Job is close to my heart. I joined an organization when I was eleven years old that had a huge impact on my life - for the better. I was a shy and scrawny little kid who's parents divorced when I was much younger. I spent my summers and weekends being shuffled all over the country for visits. I often was missing someone; my family, my friends, my cat ... you get the picture. (In retrospect it wasn't too bad - helped make me who I am today). Then along comes Job's Daughters. Talk about coming out of your shell. I found myself speaking (memorized pages and pages of stuff!) in front of groups of 100 + people without blinking an eye. I found friendships that have stood the test of time, and learned a story about a man who endured a whole lot more than I had in my few years here on earth. With that said, The Smile Award, well, makes me smile!

Long before I began trying to knit, I learned a chant that we used to shout at Grand Session (a Job's Daughter's 'convention'). What is so funny, I hadn't the slightest clue what it meant but it sure was fun to scream and yell without getting in trouble ... I'm going to edit the shout out:

KNIT ONE, PURL TWO, ALL YOU JOBIES, WHERE ARE YOU?

2 comments:

Paige said...

Thank you for thinking of me - I'm honored!

Joy said...

Thanks for sharing so much greatness from the blogs to Job's daughters! Thanks for the oy love as well! ;)