Friday, July 11, 2008

Like ... Totally Tubular

Remember the movie Valley Girl? I so thought Randy (Nicolas Cage) was to die for ... those eyes ... but I digress. The post title comes from not my 5th- grade-wanna-be-a-valley-girl-wearin'-leggings-with-mini-skirts-and-a-ponytail-on-the-side-phase but to update you on Christmas in July ... yes I have been sewing. The gardening totes are coming along nicely. I've been distracted this week working on other projects so I didn't finish the 2 by today as I had planned. Both totes are cut out (my least favorite part) and one is ... well, totally tubular.


You can't really tell from the picture but the two separate pieces are tubes waiting to be attached. I just need to attach the bottom to the to the outer fabric and then one to the lining, make the handles and put it all together. Hopefully Monday I'll have at least one finished tote to show you.

In the meantime, here are some links for gift ideas:

How to make a handkerchief pocket pillow

Diapers and wipes case tutorial (No bambinos? Could be a wristlet as well)

Recycling ... (Several other great ideas under Tools, Techniques, and Tutorials)

Fold-up reusable grocery bag (I've made a ton - see my tips here.)

The best zipper tutorial I know about (Great for make up bags, wristlets, change purse...)

Chicken scratch bookmarks (Man oh man do I wish I had the concentration for this - gift this with a great book and you are set for the reader in your life)

I have more links (purses, ornaments, clothing ...) but I can't give it all away in one post now can I? ;-)

Also on the books for this weekend ... Repurposing Challenge. I've got some old khaki's that are screaming to become a skirt - like totally.

5 comments:

angela said...

Valley girls...I like totally forgot about that! Anyway, I love the repurposeing challenge. I checked the links and love the yellow pants on Salt and Chocolate. Thanks for sharing. Oh, I love the fold-up grocery bag too. Great ideas! Thanks.

Lina said...

Perfet - can't wait to see the skirt!

periwinkle said...

I've never seen Valley Girls!! Great links, especially the diaper bag
lisa x

Anonymous said...

I really like that fabric. Thanks for posting all of those great links. So many great ideas.

Paige said...

Thanks for the links - can't wait to check them out, especially the zipper one!