Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Oh Mamma!

We had some major storms the other evening and into the night. We had the weather radio on and our emergency plan in place (DH is ever so prepared). We don't like to mess with big mamma ... you know ... Mother Nature. Here's what we found in our yard once the skies were clear:



You can't really tell from the picture but it is a very large limb from our walnut tree. It now rests on top of (towers over) our compost pile.

And speaking of mothers - I can hear my mom's voice as I write the rest of this post "Slllooowww dowwnnn Adrienne. Take your time." Yea. I know. I know.




Oops! I did it again ... this is the mess I've created this time. I'm not exactly sure how I managed to gum it up. Regardless, there was some seam ripping that had to be done. sigh.

Check back tomorrow for the finished towels and some things I learned along the way.

3 comments:

periwinkle said...

Oh dear, at least it wasn't anyone that got hurt. I bought a seam ripper the other day-- lovely thing
Lisa x

The Stitching Surgeon said...

ooo we had some big storms too...glad everything is ok over at your place!

Jana Nielson said...

That tree limb is bigger than most of the trees in my yard!

I can never find my seam ripper...that makes the blunder even worse!!