Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Nest


I was sad to find this nest in my yard. It had fallen out the tree and I was worried that the feathered occupants would not have a home. I then realized that they would most likely be just fine and begin the process of 'rebuilding' quickly; quite happily actually. That is what birds do - build nests, lay their eggs, keep them warm, feed their babies, and teach them to fly on their own.


He who blinds himself to joy does the winged life destroy;
but he who kisses the joy as it flies lives an eternity's sunrise.

~ William Blake ~


To all who nurture and keep the nest - Happy Mother's Day.

5 comments:

Joy said...

Happy day to you as well!!!

periwinkle said...

I was wondering about the nest.. do you know what type of bird it was from?

Yarni Gras! said...

no fresh poopie = empty nest, babies have fledged 8-)
now you don't have to fret....even if babies fell, moms and dads stay close....its amazing what good parents birds are.

I think I'll join your may'd for me this month.......now that I have my very own DRESSFORM!!!! 8-)

Kris said...

Happy Momma's Day Adrienne!

Paige said...

I love that quote. And I've got all of the pieces of my skirt cut out for May'd for Me. Fun!