Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Breakin' The Bank

DH likes to say, "No matter how much (or little) you make - you spend it."


Ain't that the truth.




Oy With The Poodles Already tagged me for 5 budget busters. So here's a list of what's breakin' my piggy bank:


1) Books - good grief - I have so many - some might not get read until children are grown and DH is retired! Same for the boys ... too many! need.to.go.to.library.more.

2) Fabric!!! Need I say more.

3) Food / Wine - I try to buy as much organic as I can and that at times can be a bit expensive. Unfortunately, our selection is limited therefore prices can be high. When I am in my 'planning meals' state of mind, I do much better but let's face it ... only when there is a full moon does that happen. And for the wine ... well, if I'm cooking - I want a good glass (or two!) of vino.

4) Gadgets - I love anything that can do 'something special' or make life easier ... not only does it spend money but they end up taking up valuable space and adding to my clutter problem!

5) Cleaning products - I am always looking for the product that will clean in a flash, save the environment, and make my 75 year old original fixtures/floors/toilets/tub shine ... yeah good luck, I know. That's a budget breaker.

What's bustin' your budget? Take up the tag if you dare ...


Speaking of fabric breaking my piggy bank ... I was able to use some left over fabric to make the super hero cape. The H is a little bigger than I anticipated ... reminds me of the road sign for a hospital or a helicoper landing pad ... I don't particularly care for that irony. Henry really dug this and wanted to know when his was coming. I think I am going to give this one to Henry and make another for Hayden. They are so fast and easy to whip up. I tried to link to the tutorial but it's no longer available. If anyone wants info on it I'd be glad to send it your way.



You know ... something else to add to your to-sew list and another excuse to run to the fabric store! Break open that piggy bank ...

4 comments:

Joy said...

I forgot about all the wonderful gadgets!!! Where would we be without them!? ;) That is definitely a budget buster!!! The super hero cape is GREAT!

Paige said...

Love the cape. And books? I can totally relate. And we love our libraries around here, although with the fines I accrue I could just have well bought what we loaned in the first place. To do: be a better library patron!!

Kris said...

I have that fun fabric! It's GREAT for scrub caps!!!! Hubby loves it :) The cape is so cute!!

PS: I started the BTRS bag using the morning glory and dot... I want to keep it!

UK lass in US said...

I've been planning on making my kids cloaks for ages. AGES. Yet the poor things are still going around with old crib blankets knotted around their necks. I wasn't even going to put a cool letter like that on the back, either.

Maybe if I've got enough material I can make a couple tonight.