Monday, March 31, 2008

Once Upon A Thread


A mommy named Adrienne who loved to sew was making something for herself (gasp). A Sophia bag to be exact. Everything was going smoothly until she realized that her cream thread was slightly off ... it was the wrong shade! (cue scary music) What to do? Her children were tucked into their beds for naps and she couldn't leave the house. Then (cue light bulb moment music) she remembered the sewing box that her dear Grammy had passed on .... lo and behold ... the perfect shade of red. Thanks Grammy.

That's all for today my sewing friends ... more of Sophia's story to come.

5 comments:

Jana Nielson said...

Fun fabrics choices for your Sophia! I am tempted to make another in something wild!!!

Thank goodness for Grammy's thread! Grammy's always save the day...no matter where they are!

The Stitching Surgeon said...

love the fabrics and love the artsy photo...can't wait to see the finished project.

Kris said...

Gorgeous! I love those prints :)

UK lass in US said...

Is it a hard pattern? I keep changing my mind about whether I'm too scared to attempt it or not. The last time I mustered up the courage (just to buy it, mind you - the next step is to leave it in a basket for over a year, of course...), the shop had sold out.

Adrienne said...

Lil D - hmmm challenging might be the best way to describe this purse. It is not a weekend project if you have kids ... lots of cutting and tons of pieces to 'fuse' together and then sew together. I am acutally considering ordering her weekender bag after I finish some other projects on the 'to-sew' list (including finishing the sophia!). So... I must not have scared me off too much - ha. Slow and steady is what you need to do. Hope this helps!