Monday, December 10, 2007

Where there's smoke...there's a fire



Well, the Bernina is on it's way. No sewing to speak of these days; at least until I can pick it up on Thursday. Then it I will turn into the mad sewer! The living room is finally done and the tree has lights - all in time for my DH 40th birthday on Sunday. He was very adamant about NO PARTY, so it was just family and LOTS of candles. The smoke had us worried we would set off the smoke alarms (thankfully it didn't). Once the tree is decorated I'll post some pictures. I just love this time of year. I keep reminding myself of the 'reason for the season' so I don't get so stressed over the fact that I haven't finished making most of my presents. A good friend of mine is trying to 'cut back on the giving' to her son and came up with what I think is a wonderful (and very inspired - no pun intended) solution. Santa is only bringing 3 gifts - Jesus received 3 gifts therefore Santa follows the ultimate protocol....


Speaking of gifts - I participated in the Holiday Traditions Exchange 2007 that sweet Meg McElwee at Montessori by Hand so graciously organized and have met via email a very lovely person. I am so excited to exchange handmade gifts and our family traditions and also to learn of hers. I'll post the goodies I sent and what I received later...don't want to spoil her surprise. You should check out Gill's blog Moss Stitch.

No comments: