Sunday, April 3, 2011

Life Under The Big Top

It's a bit like a circus around here.

More because spring fever has hit and we are itching to be outside and stay up late and sleep in and ...

you get the picture.

I've either been behind the wheel of the mamamobile, sitting on a blanket watching baseball, had my nose in a book, finding new and inspiring blogs (I promise I will share), cuddling, vacuuming Lego's, supervising violin practice, folding laundry ...

did you notice I didn't mention cooking.

Uh huh.

Our standard fare for meals has gone from 7/8 to 1 (on a scale from 1-10).

It was time to make something healthy and mama made.

Send in the clowns.


I owed my boys some pancakes/waffles.


I didn't have any of my mix on hand (thus the repeated unfulfilled requests) and I wanted to use our gifted waffle maker from Christmas. I also had some apples I wanted to use up ... and limited flour. I headed straight to a favorite cookbook of mine, Simply In Season and apple waffles just happened to be a recipe they had.

Lucky me.

One point for mom.

I'm trying to shut down the three ring circus at meal time.

Healthy and wholesome is the act I want to be the ring leader of.

What is happening under your tent?


********************

Turn the page ... Tuesday is coming up! I can't wait to see what you've read (from your 'to be read shelf'! too).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, not much is happening in the kitchen here, although the circus has definitely come to town! I need to make a big 'ol pot of soup and some bread - that always makes me feel good. (Most everyone loves soup at our place except for Juliet, so I guess it'll have to be "something else" for her. Trying to figure out what that "something else" should be is always challenging.
See you tomorrow for TTPT!