Friday, January 28, 2011

The Educating Of Young Minds

It's never too early to start enriching a wee one's mind. While pregnant with Henry I used to put ear phones on my belly and play Vivaldi. When he was 2 1/2 he asked Santa for a violin (and yes, Santa's elves worked hard on locating making a child friendly violin).  I don't expect to see him playing with the New York Philharmonic but you never know ... ok - reality - we just need to get through his second year of violin lessons first ;-)

Now, John was a different story (I never sat long enough to play music to my growing belly). His interests were inspired by his older brothers toys. Building, designing, imagining ... he's been making things with Lego's since he was below the 'choking' age. An architect maybe?

Who knows. All this to be said because I crocheted something. Stay with me ...



An armless triangle as Rocky christened it.

I figure the recipients mom will get a head start on shapes with her little fella. Why muddle it's form with arms. So why the legs you ask? Well, the sweet one has to have something to chew on (literally) while he is contemplating Einstein's theory of relativity.

I feel I have performed my civic duty by contributing to the betterment of society - one softie at a time.

***********
Turn the page ... Tuesday is this Tuesday!

5 comments:

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Wow -- the impact of Vivaldi. I'm impressed. Oh -- impressed by that softee too. Very cute.

Ruth said...

That softee is so cute. You have definitely contributed to the betterment of society. LOL

Ruth

Paula said...

Heeehhe. The Armless Triangle. Very cute and yes, I'm sure he will contribute to the little one's knowledge of shapes and geometry.

Jill said...

Awwww... he's perfect. Smart and cute!

See you Tuesday.

periwinkle said...

get started early for next year - do them in green and you will have lots of little Christmas trees :-)