Hurricane season is over?
Hmmm ... not here in Virginia.
Adrienne is still going strong.
Haven't heard of that storm?
Just take a look at the destruction she caused (and this is only one place where her high winds and yarn poured down):
- Hot tea from the morning ... still there when this areal photo was taken at 4:42 PM.
- New gizmo gadget thingy that makes pom poms.
- What's left of a skein of yarn. It's not a toilet paper holder (really people - she's not that bad).
- Just a small pile of the ends that were woven in for a hat for Henry ... there were more. Lots more.
- The pattern for a scarf that was been a WIP for at least a year (the yarn was on the
toilet paper holdercardboard tube)
- A weapon. For real. Have you ever held a size P crochet hook? It could take anyone out and that has hooks on either end (she's a professional).
- Hook/needle bag that fell prey and was missing in action due to Hurricane Adrienne. Located due to surveillance photo.
- A coaster that obviously wasn't used for no. 1.
- A big fat yarn needle that saw way to much action (see no. 4) and could not be stored properly (see no. 7).
- Another gizmo gadget thingy that made no. 4 so much more bearable.
- A Halloween silly band.
- Another weapon stored improperly (again see no. 7). Sadly it is barely functional because the blades are so dull.
- A bag that is housing a scarf (see no. 5) that is a quarter of the way done.
Sadly we cannot share any other photos of the devastation she has caused due to the sensitive nature of the unsavory material (laundry, dishes, finger prints, dusty window sills and abandoned sewing/crochet projects ~shudders~). Thank goodness we have these pictures of before the hurricane to preserve what was once a place of tranquility.
Stay tuned as we will continue to update you on this freak of nature.