Friday, December 3, 2010

It All Began With

Mom - I have to have a costume for school. I just have to. You can make it.

Oh the confidence my six year old has in me.

I was soooo thankful  that I had already put in some brain power/sewing time into costumes for the boys not too long ago. I quickly pulled up my post for the armor tutorial and proceed to turn my knight into Chief Massasoit.



A half a yard of already strung feathers, felt, and two broken needles



One yard of decorative ribbon and fringe



Lastly, more fringe and felt to add the final touch (see ankles on chief below)


How did you dress your turkey?

4 comments:

Paula said...

Ah! Your little chief is adorable!

UK lass in US said...

He looks great! My daughter was a turkey in her school concert, but luckily her class stuck to paper headdresses that they had made in class - I'm not sure how I would have tackled a turkey costume...

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Those are the most colorful turkey feathers ever. The whole outfit looks great. Good job, Mama.

periwinkle said...

very clever , at least I don't have to make anything this year :-)