Monday, September 6, 2010

Touchdown

Rocky and I loaded up the car with fried chicken and coleslaw, opened up the sunroof, cranked the tunes and headed down the road for a date.



This is what happens when you've been married for a long time ...


you don't bother to paint your toes.

Our destination - the land of orange.


I get almost  as exctited as Rocky when football season rolls around. See, our first date was to a Virginia football game. When the first home game rolls around it takes me back to that sweet tender getting to know you stage. I always get a little tingle in my tummy as we drive down the highway to our destination. I look at Rocky and grab his hand and say "You know what this reminds me of ... " and he says along with me "Our first date". I think I've said that for 12 years now. He knows the routine ;-)

So as you can see - we've had this football gig for quite awhile. Time to take the tailgate up a notch. As I mentioned before, I've had this fabric for a shamefully long time and just never got around to making a tablecloth. The design has gone from elaborite/quilted to what you see below.


Please forgive the ghost like picture. I forgot my camera and only had my phone (of which I took all the pictures in the post with). It was so dark I had to 'doctor' it a bit.  The letters are appliqued and I used a template from Skip to my Lou. This thankfully worked up quickly because the play clock was counting down. I finished with a few seconds to spare ... TOUCHDOWN!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What playbook have you been reading?  Turn the page ... Tuesday is tomorrow!

3 comments:

periwinkle said...

just catching up on your last few posts, those fish were just awful - shudder.. I culd do with some of those lovely looking breads but ass = bus is on a diet again .. Gabe starts school on Wed :-(, glad you enjoyed your date night ..

Mary Grace McNamara said...

How fun!

MGM

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

What a great tablecloth for you tailgaters! This is a really great tradition you and your husband have going. See you tomorrow -- I'm ready with my book(s).