Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Paparazzi

This is one of those old posts that never made the cut for some reason. It was written in September of 2009. Enjoy!

~~~~~~

We are fortunate enough to be able to attend UVa's football games on a regular basis. Well, ok, fortunate if you look at it from a 'getting out of the house' standpoint and not a 'UVa is a powerhouse' perspective ... they've had better seasons ;-) We are also lucky enough to have friends who through their business have (luxury, air conditioned, catered) boxes that we get invited to 'come sit' with.

This past weekend was a home game and we hit the lottery - we got to sit in a box and watch the game. As, always, it was sweet (with the exception of Cav-Man falling off his horse - ouch!). The real highlight of the game for me though was who was in the box two down from us ... John Grisham. He owns property in the county near the school and is a frequent attendee of games. I tried the whole game to muster up the courage to ask for his autograph ... I just couldn't do it. I didn't want to bother the poor man. I figure he just came to see a football game and would appreciate some peace vs being accosted by some rube like me. So I did the next best thing - I stalked him with my camera.


Poor John. This is the best picture I could get. He really is handsome in person.
I guess I'll have to give up my hopes of having a tag line in the National Enquirer anytime soon ... or maybe not ;-P

5 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

~snickers~ I think he would have prefered that you asked for the autograph instead of posting this pic!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Too funny. I would have done the same thing. of course, my camera is never in the right place at the right time. Not that I am ever either. Now, I've got that paparazzi song in my head.

Paula said...

What a funny picture. I love it. Not sure John would...

One year at a rodeo in Cody, Wyoming I was getting very irritated at a guy that was dressed all in mountain man leather clothes. He kept standing up, just two rows below me and making it very hard for anyone else to see. I finally said, loudly, "who the heck does this guy think he is. Could you please sit down??" He turned around and it was Stephen Segall, which pretty much surprised me. Didn't matter though, he was still being quite rude to those of us who were behind him!

periwinkle said...

I don't think I would have even had the nerve to take a pic lol

Paige said...

That pic of John makes me giggle...!