Thursday, July 22, 2010

Looks Can Be Deceiving

We usually leave the library with no less than 40 books. Some are read over and over and some are set aside never to be read again. The Giant Carrot was once of those that graced our laps many times.



The characters are silly and despite each being self centered (all have their eyes on the giant carrot and their own plans f or it) are loveable.I won't ruin the end for you (I know you are all going to run out and check out this book asap) but the author was clever enough to include a delicious recipe.


To look at this picture one would think it wasn't that appetizing.


Notice I said "was" ... it was delicious. Looks can be deciving but your taste buds do not lie!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget Turn the page ... Tuesday August 3rd. I'm unplugging until then. Lots of cuddles, books, food, giggles, etc that need tending too!

4 comments:

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Yum -- I love books with recipes tucked within! Have a nice blogging break. I'm thinking of doing the same thing for a while.

angela said...

Looks like a cute book...carrots look yummy. It's on my list, thanks.

Sara said...

Sounds great--I just requested it from our local library--gotta love the library--and the internet!

Ruth said...

How are you?? It has been too long since I could stop and visit. I hope you are having a marvelous summer. I remember those days of going the library when the kids were little and carrying home a ton of books.

Ruth