Thursday, April 22, 2010

Slow Dancing

Sixteen grannies
lined up in rows


what will happen no one knows ...




There's a skip in the ol' record over here. I just can't seem to get into a groove. Square dancing has become like trying to slow dance to an 80's hair band.

just.can't.do.it.


One day I hope to weave in all the ends ... sew the sixteen squares together ... crochet a strap ... make a lining (with a pocket - very important detail) and have me a new summer purse ... before winter of 2010.

sigh

Maybe I should try to Polka instead.

Shall we dance?

3 comments:

angela said...

Those colorful squares are so great! What yarn did you use? And if you're willing to share...what purse are you making?

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Nice job Adrienne! Don't weave the ends in..just crochet over them as you crochet the blocks together. It's fast and easy and very secure when you do it using the same method as strip quilting. And if you use just the back loops you will get a nice edge around each block on the front too. I showed how to do that on my site HERE ... Can't wait to see your finished bag...it will be gorgeous!

MGM

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

You did it! Look at all those lovely grannies. They're the best. I've made about 100 squares for my latest project. It's taking me forever and a day. Someday (probably when I'm a granny myself) this project will come together.