Friday, February 5, 2010

Sweet Dreams

Somehow I managed to stumble upon two organizations that are making a difference - Operation Pillowcase who are making pillowcases for our soldiers and 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge who says 'make a pillowcase, make a difference'.

I've made 4 pillow cases for Operation Pillow case and have discovered that the 1 Million challenge has a drop spot right here in my town. There are lots of tutorials out there (some can be found at the 1 Million site) but I liked this one the best. The only thing I did differently was to make french seams on the main part of the pillow case to give it a more polished finish.




The fabric is from my stash (yae for me!!!) and had been sitting there waiting for me to make something with it for far too long. The blue is a muslin that I was planning on making a trial run of a top and the stripe is a Heidi Grace for JoAnns that I bought last spring I think ... again waiting for me to get a move on redoing our bathroom. Now I have something else planned for the bathroom.


When I lay my head down at night - I want to know that I have helped make a difference. I want to know that someone out there who is making a great sacrifice for my warm cozy bed, and clean sheets, the roof over my head - or someone who is having a difficult time or illness has something comforting to lay their head down on - and hopefully have sweet dreams of better days to come. Won't you join me? Let's send the gift of sweet dreams.

2 comments:

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Great pillowcases....The striping makes them pop. May someone now have sweet dreams.

Paula said...

From a mom of two soldiers ~ Thank you!