Monday, August 10, 2009

Some of a Kind Scarf

In honor of the great crochet along I have a simple scarf pattern to share with you. It was fast and easy and turned out oh so pretty. This is one of those 'the yarn was for something else but I was making another something else and just had to use this yarn for yet another something else'. You know how that goes.



I made this washcloth and loved how it turned out. The pattern was so pretty but I used some cotton yarn that was multicolored and it seemed to take away from the texture; something else must be made.


A quick dig through my stash and ... Alpaca with a Twist (Highlander - Tartan Red) hands down was the lucky skein. It's sooo soft and yummy. I've never worked with yarn that was so delicious. Everything did not go without a hitch though - I had to make another trip to our local yarn store to get another skein of yarn; luckily they had the same dye lot! So, without further ado ...

Some of a Kind Scarf


I used a G hook and didn't bother with gauge.


Chain 21.


Row 1: Skip 2 chains (counts as single crochet), work 2 double crochet in next chain, *skip 2 chains, work (single crochet, 2 double crochet) in next chain; repeat from * to last 3 chains, skip 2 chains, single crochet in last chain.


Row 2: Chain 1 (counts as single crochet), turn, 2 double crochet in first single crochet, *skip 2 double crochet, (single crochet, 2 double crochet) in next single crochet; repeat from * across, single crochet in turning chain.


Repeat Row 2 until desired length is achieved. Fasten off and weave in ends.

If you make a scarf I'd love to see it - and don't forget to post it to the flickr group! Happy hooking ;-P

7 comments:

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Beautiful scarf Adrienne! Don't you just love the Ripple Stitch? That's the same stitch I used for so many different things...pics HERE if you want to see!

What's next for you?

MGM

periwinkle said...

that is a gorgeous colour --- scarf ain't bad either :-)

angela said...

gorgeous darling...absolutely gorgeous!

Ruth said...

OMG~things have been so busy I have hardly had time to crochet. I have just started another bag. I will have to post some pics on that flickr group.

The scarf is so beautiful. I love it. Is the washcloth the same pattern?

Ruth

Paige said...

Beautiful, Adrienne! I love alpaca yarns, too. So soft and yummy.

Paula said...

It's to die for! Love the pattern and the color of the yarn. Beautiful!

jannza said...

I was so excited to see this. I'm printing your instructions out so I can try it too.

It instantly reminded me of one I made last year. I read in one of the crochet mags that the capital of Mongolia was the coldest capital in the world! Since I, being the southern girl that I am, dislike such cold (FRIGID) temps, I made one to send over there.
: )

http://atinylittleripple.blogspot.com/search/label/scarf

Our colors are the same too!

I'll let you know what this one looks like when I've finished it....