Saturday, January 3, 2009

Good Things

Come to those who wait ... at least that's what the back of my new cookbook says ...



I can't wait, I mean, I'm excited to make some slow cooker dinners that actually taste like something. I have had the opportunity to enjoy several of these recipes at the hands of generous friends so I know that this book is a winner.


The funny thing is I really did have to wait to get this cookbook. I went to the store where both of my friends had purchased it and it was out of stock - twice! The second time they took my number and said they would call when it came in ... that was 2 months ago! I totally forgot all about it and then the call came - they had one left out of the six they ordered. Yup. I went out that day and got it.


I'm going to try to adhere to the 'good things' approach this year ... slow down and take care of my family, my home, my spirit. Bit by bit. Letting things simmer and not boil over. Tackling one thing at a time. Adding just enough spice. Yes. That is the recipe for 2009. It will be the art of the slow cooker indeed.

6 comments:

Paige said...

Ooo, looks like a good book! I love using the slow cooker and doubling recipes for leftovers. And I'm with ya on your thoughts for the New Year...

Joy said...

Thanks for sharing the cookbook! Here is to a slow simmering New Year!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a winning plan!

periwinkle said...

you'll have to let me now how the recipes go as I've been thinking of getting one
lisa x

The Stitching Surgeon said...

ooo...im excited to see what you think about this book! i love my crock pot and would love some good recipes...may have to try this book out!

A.N.C. said...

Funny, that. As I type, I am sniffing the delightful smells of savory goodness wafting from my CROCKPOT...Chicken, parsnips, carrots and potatoes. With a secret ingredient known as Lipton Onion Soup Mix...