Thursday, July 31, 2008

Loose Ends

I had another one of those this must be done before I can move on moments. I have had enough of loose threads taking over my sewing room. I heard them talking the other day. It wasn't pretty. They thought only a few more sewing projects and they could revolt. Have their own spool. Take in the view from the penthouse ... I couldn't risk anymore revolutionaries hitting the floor.

I had spied this tutorial for a thread catcher on 30 handmade days and had bookmarked it for a later date. That all changed when I saw the strays working on a thread ladder to reach my scissors ... or worse ... me!

Just from this little ol' project I created quite a bit of potential insurgents:


Thanks to my stellar inteligence work I was able to prevent a take over and contain all the radicals in one cell.

Fabric from stash. Scissors secure. I'd call that a victory.

2 comments:

angela said...

You are so funny! I'm glad I'm not the only with a stray thread conspiracy theory! Love the thread catcher. Pardon my drooling, I see your machine is a Bernina!

UK lass in US said...

How pretty.

Of course, I'm not sure how I'm going to sleep tonight unless I get rid of the dangerous loose threads on my bedside table. I guess there are some neat freaks who might wonder why they are there anyway.