Monday, February 25, 2008

Cardboard Box Moment

I had one of those cardboard box moments this weekend. You know what I'm talking about - when you realize that your child is having more fun with the box that the expensive toy / appliance came in than the actual item received. John had an absolute ball carrying around his 1/2 monkey. It was quite delightful to watch. Despite the a-ha moment, I finished Big J (I got to name this one). Gill had asked where these monkey's came from - here's the tutorial I followed.



I also cranked out the two baby blankets for my friend who is having twins. I had had the football fabric for some time but was unsure what to do with it. The dad is an ACC football referee ... perfect. I knew I would put it to good use, someday!





And just for the record, I'm about 100 pages into Amazing Grace. Man oh man. It's good.

3 comments:

The Stitching Surgeon said...

Love the sock monkeys...i had to add it to my tutorials folder in my faves to use at a later date. blankets are too cute too! how talented you are...

Anonymous said...

Oh Adrienne, the blankets are gorgeous! What special gifts.
I love that bangle dot fabric. You put yours to good use; mine still sits in my closet waiting for inspiration. :)

Kris said...

You are a sewing maniac!!! Gotta make one of those blankets one of these days....

No problem about the Echino fabric - you should get some though to make a wristlet for yourself :) That's usually how I squeeze in fabric indulgences that hubby doesn't care for...