Friday, January 18, 2008

The Tortoise & The Hare

We had a little bit of cabin fever left over from yesterday and thankfully we were able to get out and about...to the arcade in the mall specifically. Henry had a blast playing skeeball. Remember that game? Can you believe it was only 25 cents to play. Takes me back to the day...


I had a little different kind of fever...sewing fever. I have been busy fiddle faddeling with so many other things that I haven't made something in a little while. I gave another go at the Bend the Rules turtle. My first attempt turned out to be a flop. This time I decided to enlarge the pattern to make it a little easier to work with. I present you with the turtle who took growth hormones:


Master Tortoise

I still had a hard time with the tail. It still was such a little piece to work with. So, instead of turning it inside out I just used the zig zag stitch around the edges like I did with this bunny's (aka Hare) ears.

The Tortoise & The Hare


Back of the bunny

I made Master Hare for Henry for Christmas. The fabric matches the curtains I made for his room. I bought the fabric before Henry was born and before we knew he was a boy...I should clarify - we are not 'finder outers' - we did not know he was a boy (nor John) until they were born. DH and I were so certain that he was a boy that when we referred to him in utero we called him Jr. What's cracks me up about that is ... Henry is not named after DH. We were just being silly. Hormones.

Tortoise will be given to John to cuddle with and I have high hopes that the master will reproduce threefold. I have a few sweet little boys who need a turtle to love.

No comments: